CHELCO elections take place every spring. There are nine trustees on CHELCO’s board, and every year three of those seats are up for election.
Districts 1, 7 and 9 are up for election in 2021.
A board-appointed nominating committee selects candidates to represent districts. However, all members are eligible to participate in voting each year.
Results of the election are announced at CHELCO’s annual meeting, which is held in April.
Members may obtain a copy of the CHELCO bylaws to learn the entire election procedure.
Important Dates for 2021 Election Season
- Feb. 4: Applications due to CHELCO by 5 p.m.
- Feb. 16: Candidates' names posted in offices
- Feb. 26: Deadline for nominating by petition
- March 12: Election ballots mailed to members
- April 12: Ballots must be returned
- April 17: Annual Meeting, announcement of election results
President: Gerald Edmondson / District 6
Vice President: Brady Bearden / District 4
Secretary/Treasurer: Gayle Hughes / District 8
Assistant Secretary/Treasurer: Bert Prutzman / District 7
CHELCO District Map