Existing Manufactured Home Rebate
Existing manufactured home heat pump rebates are $400 per system ton (one ton = 12,000 British thermal units)
How to obtain CHELCO's heat pump rebate for replacing the electric furnace in your existing manufactured home
- Prior to replacing your heating and cooling system, contact CHELCO’s Energy Services department to discuss the program criteria with an Energy Advisor by submitting the contact form below.
- Obtain a Manual J Heating and Cooling Load Calculation from a licensed HVAC contractor to determine your home’s estimated heat loss and gain for system sizing purposes. If additional information or assistance is needed for system sizing, be sure to discuss with CHELCO’s Energy Advisor.
- Contract with a licensed heating and cooling contractor to replace the existing electric furnace and central air conditioner with a new heat pump.
- Provide CHELCO’s Energy Advisor with copies of the following documentation:
- Manual J Heating and Cooling Load Calculation for your home.
- Paid invoice for your new heat pump. The invoice should indicate the HVAC Contractor’s name and contact information, date, include the type and model and serial numbers of the system being replaced along with the model and serial numbers of the new heat pump’s compressor (outside unit) and air handler (inside unit) or package system (outside unit only).
- Picture of the manufacturer’s label for the new heat pump’s compressor (outside unit) and air handler (inside unit) or package system (outside unit) once the new system is installed making sure that the model and serial numbers are clearly visible within the image or arrange for CHELCO’s Energy Advisor to complete an on-site verification.
- Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute’s (AHRI) certificate for the new system. Your HVAC contractor can obtain the AHRI certificate for you.
- Upon receipt of the required documentation, CHELCO’s Energy Advisor will review for verification of rebate eligibility.
- Rebates for qualifying systems are typically processed and mailed to the homeowner within three to five weeks.